Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am Me

Cold. Dark. Moon. Stars. Wind. Minor music. Tears...

...These are a few of my favorite things. Some may call these morbid, yes. Weird, yes. I prefer 'insane', but what the hey. My most dangerous aspect is my imagination, though it is far more apt to hurt me than anybody else. Some people consider it a gift. Most people who have such a vivid/active imagination find it a curse. A curse, that is, until you learn how to use it. And the smartest people dealing with this curse will inevitably find the best way to release the energy that builds from HIS (Hyper-Imaginative Syndrome) is writing. But not just any writing. Fantasy writing. With enough education and intelligence to build a believable world of your own, you're free to let your imagination roam. Then record its adventures and PRESTO! You've got a book! Almost. (sorry, but it's not QUITE that easy) My imagination has been roaming in the same world for almost two years now. That's a record. For me. But I've developed something else to go with HIS- determination. That's what ultimately sees a novel through. And hopefully, it'll be enough to get me through.

Aside from writing, I love to make music. I play piano first and foremost, and am learning guitar and clarinet. I also love to listen to music. Hans Sparrow- my iPod Nano 3rd Gen- is at my side almost constantly. Reading is also an essential part to being a good writer. I love a good book (though unfortunately, I'm rather picky- and am getting even MORE picky- about what I deem 'good'). Though, I must say, I enjoy walking through the woods much more than sitting down to read a book. So much 'scope for the imagination' out there.

Well, this writer has more work to do. So it's TTFN for now, blogland. I would say 'don't worry- I won't be gone forever', but since this is ME we're talking about, I think I should say:
Worry. I won't be gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment