Monday, June 1, 2009

of writing months and proof copies

well, finished MayNoWriMo (and 'won'!)! So now I'm on t' JuNoWriMo! *wearily* Whoohoo... ;-) Nah, not really. I love it, even though writing SO much can get rough. However, I've got about eight chapters left to write and I am bound and determined to finish those eight chapters THIS SUMMER! Whoooohoooo.... =) Long story, but, I got a 'proof copy' of my novel from CreateSpace (prize for winning NaNoWriMo last year...). It looked really sweet- just like a novel. It was encouraging in a sense... discouraging in another- the thing was FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY PAGES LONG!!! (yes... 460!) Annnnnd.... that was only the first 16 chapters. So I'll most likely have a 500-600 page book when I'm done! >.< Granted, I'll be removing some of that when I go back and edit, but still... it's like "wow"... f'r me at least. *grin* In a good way...

The one implication of me JuNoWriMo is that I won't be writing many blog posts. =) Maybe one day when I'm old and gray and am done writing novels, I'll take up blogging seriously.... =-P

Well, off to me 1170 f'r the day...

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment