Friday, October 22, 2010

About me...

I am dead and I am living.
I am fallen, and I am risen.
I am sinful, and I am sanctified.
I am worthless, yet I am precious.
I was born 17 years ago, yet have only been alive for two.
I'm a murderer on an eternal scale who has been pardoned on an eternal scale.
I'm a hater who has been shown love, and a lover who has been shown hate.
I'm a dreamer who has embraced reality, and a realist with many dreams.
I'm a author with a pen, and a pen with an Author.
I'm a life with a story, and a story with a life.
I'm a heart with a song of joy, and a song with a heart of joy.
I am a mourner who has rejoiced, and a rejoicer who has mourned.
I am a conqueror who is weak, and a weakling who has conquered.
I am an empty vessel that has been filled, and a full vessel that has been emptied.
I am a mortal creature who will have life forever.
I am a stranger where I live, and a citizen where I do not.
I am a bride waiting for her Groom and a girl waiting to be a bride.
I am always fully satisfied, and yet I always hunger
I am the wandering sheep, the prodigal son, the belligerent thief--yet I am the sought, I am the beloved, I am the treasured.
I am the betrayal, the thorns, the nails, the jeers--yet I am the daughter, the friend, the Bride, the chosen, the redeemed.
I am the one who ran away, yet I am the one who will follow until death.
I am the one who cursed, yet I am the one who praises.
I am the one who broke faith, and yet I am the one who has been shown faith.
I am the one who despaired, yet I am the one who has all hope.
I am forever indebted, and yet my debt was paid in full.

I am a harmonious paradox, because I am a sinner and a saint.

2 comments:

  1. Your description is inspiring.
    I was sitting here thinking:
    "Who am I?"...
    Then I continued:
    "My name is Ned
    I do not like my little bed"!
    (too much Dr. Seuss while I was growing up)XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em. It really gives us the right perspective.

    ReplyDelete