Friday, February 20, 2009

Had to repost this on my own blog.... it's so true! :-)

"During my sophomore summer of high school, I sat down and wrote a 300 page book. I didn't make any corrections. I just wrote the whole thing to prove to myself I could do it. If you want to be a novelist, I think you can learn so much through learning that kind of discipline. Let your characters come alive. Let them make their own decisions, instead of forcing them into your plot. From there the whole story grows on its own. You're just the gardener, watering it every day, pulling it back into the light, and weeding it as necessary." (Eric Wilson... see http://youngwriterscentral.blogspot.com/)

That blog has some great tips for all you writers out there. The idea mentioned in that quote is a basis for NaNoWriMo- National Novel Writing Month, where the goal is to write a novel (at LEAST 50,000 words, which is approx 100 pages) in the month of November alone. I did it and it was quite the challenge, lemme tell ya... but OH so much fun... *insane grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment