Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Owwwch...

Anyone who's had braces knows what I'm going through today. I could go into a detailed description: the dull yet intense aching in the jaw and mouth, the painful numbness in the teeth, (not to mention how hungry you get when you can't eat because of your stupid teeth), the nasty sinus-ish headaches, the weird feeling of your nose plates being shifted around... but I won't. ;-D Suffice it to say, this is not fun. At all. And yesterday I got (a) a very thick wire (which always hurt... the thicker, the worse it seems) AND some weird twisted wire thingy on my top front teeth, (b) a new type of 'band' called 'elastics'... not necessarily more painful, but when they change ANYTHING it hurts at least a little (c and finally) rubber bands. The scourge of orthodonics as we know them. *rolls eyes* Anyone who's had them knows what I mean, don't you, Anybody? *grin* Rubber bands... wow. I don't even know how I'd describe them at the moment. You'll just have to see them (you probably have, in this day and age). 'Owch' is the best word to describe them at the moment. Every single stinkin' dream last night was about the pain in my mouth.

Eh... but this too shall pass. It only hurts this bad for a couple days. Then our body's miraculous ability to adjust sweeps in and saves the day! Three cheers for God's design!

Still... it does feel good to just let it out- this braces thing. *resigned sigh* So pardon me while I go scream. *grin/wink*

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember ALL of those! Letting it out helped me emotionally ;-) , but I don't recommend doing it the way I did! (you should have seen the box I broke when I was doing my very best 'letting it out') ;-)

    ReplyDelete