Monday, March 16, 2009

Priceless... pt2

Coffee and a scone at Starbucks for two- $2
A gallon of gas- $1.85
Watching your sibs respond to the surprise guest- PRICELESS!!

It was a dreary Saturday. Mom and I were running errands... one of which included running by Tahlia's house to pick up some produce from her mom. To make a long story short- we managed to 'kidnap' Tahli for the rest of the day!! (had to give her back on Sunday tho'... :-P) Most of the rest of that day, however, was spent running errands. ANYHOW, we managed to keep it from the rest of the family (who Mom called every so often) that we had her with us. So- we walk in the door, I see my bro, Ange (Andrew), first. I say "Hey Ange- we brought something special for dinner!" He looks at me and says "Pizza, right?" Me: "Yeah... but something else." By this point, Tahlia's standing RIGHT BESIDE ME.... Ange is just staring at me like I'm crazy (which I am, but I digress...) It took about ten seconds for him to notice her. The look of shock and surprise on his face was truly priceless. (wasn't it, Tahli?) :-D

But it got better. My sis, Ellie, walked into the room soon afterwards. She was looking for something else and walked in "Hi." Me: "Hi...?" It took her at least five seconds of looking my direction to notice Tahli. *smacks forehead* But her reaction was even better. She jumped into the air with an even BETTER look of shock and surprise- "AHH!" :-D Needless to say, Tahlia and I enjoyed that immensely... :-D

The last one was best, though. We were unloading groceries, and Tahlia was helping. Dad had been at the other end of the house when we came in. But he came over to help. Coincidence would have it that Dad came out the garage door right as Tahlia was walking IN. DAD jumped and shouted... but he recovered his dignity a little better than El and Ange... :-D What a day...

Tonight I got inspiration for "Priceless- pt3", but I MUST go get some writing in while I have the opportunity... update: chap11 is roughly 13 handwritten pages now... and the following chapters are starting to come together in my mind quite nicely... mwahahaha.....

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, yes, his face was perfect!
    Ohhh yes, her reaction was even better!
    And your Dad's face was also great

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little boys just accepted it, and one immediately started pounding me with a ball... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, that's hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete