Friday, March 6, 2009

Priceless

A Dell Inspiron - $500
An iPod Nano- $200
Watching your sister tip over a table and crush both-
priceless.

:-D And so it went this morning. El was tipping too far back in her chair and knocked over the table that is her desk- AND fell on top of it, pinning both her laptop and iPod underneath. Fortunately, nothing was damaged (including Ellie). But man oh man... the look on her face when she started going over... *shakes head laughing* It was worth cleaning up the stack of strewn papers and mangled cords afterward. :-D

A pack of gum- $.50
A Fruit Roll-up- $.75
Watching your little brother confuse the two-
priceless.

Seems it was my day for priceless reactions. My little bros came home with goodies from their class this afternoon, and Josh (4) had brought home a fruit roll-up. Being the sweet little guy he is, he offered me a tiny piece. I thanked him, popped it in my mouth, chewed a few times, then swallowed. Then continued making lunch. A few minutes later, Davy (6) enters the scene. Josh is telling him how I 'swallowed gum'. He looks at me, eyes wide. "WHAT??? YOU SWALLOWED IT?????"

That face was CLASSIC. Oh I wish I'd had a camera. Eventually I got Davy convinced that it was NOT gum. Never brought Josh to the same conclusion, however. :-) Heard the 'big sister swallowed gum' story a few more times in the next hour, but apparently everyone else knew that it indeed was only a fruit roll-up.

Can't help but wonder.... what does Josh think it is?

2 comments:

  1. haha lol how funny.
    Love the gum thing =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those special 'big sis' moments! They ARE absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete