Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dogs, story inspiration and progress

Random title, eh? Yes, it is.

Last night was among the more interesting nights in my life- the kind of interesting I would care to not repeat. For starters, we attended a tax-day 'tea party' protest. It was very encouraging and inspiring to see that we are NOT alone in this. It was also very frustrating to remember just HOW deaf and indifferent the politicians are being to our cries. But that wasn't the 'interesting' part. The 'interesting' part came at about 2am... when my lame sister (ok, she's not LAME, but she DID break her toe) begged me to take the dog outside. She'd already taken Maggie (dog) out twice, she said. To put it lightly... Maggie was having some... tummy trouble. So I got up from my nice warm bed, let doggie outta her crate and followed said doggie across the house to the door. Unlocked said door, grabbed a coat, and slipped my feet into the shoes waiting just outside the door (that's what they're there for). Said shoes, however, were fully of VERY cold water. So I ditched that idea. That left me barefoot in whatever-lower-degree weather barefoot, in my PJs at 2am in the morning standing in the grass with a dog who seemed to be MUCH more interested in sniffing around than actually DOing something. I waited about 5min. Nothing. So we went back inside.

2:30am, same thing happened, almost exactly (except this time I got smarter- 1, I didn't stick my feet in the cold rubber shoes with water in them. 2, I let her out on the long leash so I didn't have to stand outside).

It would seem she had SOME progress during this time, as puppy-dog didn't wake me up again until 5:40am. However, from about 2:30am-5:40am I DREAMED about taking her out (only, in the dreams, my whole family got up at, like, 3am... which would be, like, impossible).

When it happened again... I just decided to get up. Now I'm tired and have a long day ahead... oh yeah, really looking forward to that. The one benefit to all this was the magnificent story inspiration. Much TOO magnificent, if you ask me. I think I owe one or two of my characters an apology... then again, I probably owe MOST of them an apology in one degree or another... *grin*

*CaptainJack* There. I said it. I feel better for it. (those of you who have not seen the bloopers for POTC: Dead Man's Chest will miss the reference) =D

As to progress on my little 'ApNoWriMo'... I have 22,209 words completed as of last night (35 pages). That's about 5,000 words ahead of where I need to be! Exciting. AND I managed to edit chapters 12 and 13 (and keep up with school) in the process. So yeah. Zoomin' right along. Whoohoo. Yeehaw. Ayup.

Off t' write some more... *maniacal laughter*

1 comment: