Monday, April 6, 2009

"ApNoWriMo"


Well, with the crazy goal of finishing my first book by the end of May, I decided semi-drastic action was needed. So I declared an APRIL writing month. NaNoWriMo, for those of you who are familiar with it, is in Nov. The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel (or, in my case, 50,000 words ON a novel.) FYI, that's roughly 100 pages, depending on your format. For "ApNoWriMo", as I'm calling it, my goal is to write 35,000 words (70 pages or so) onto my novel in the month of April. Four of my writing pals are doing it with me- let's see who'll survive! Will the 2008 NaNo Survivor hold out against the rookies, or will she be utterly put to shame as they produce mass amounts of wordage (if it wasn't a word before, it is now)? *grin* We shall see, precious. Oh yes, we shall see.

5 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Can I join? My book is 105 pages right now, and I have a plot, but I want it finished. I'd love to try to achieve 35,000 words! :D

    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Haha! Guess I was counting myself in there... THREE friends and myself... =-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 200 words to catch up on...my my my...are the rookies beating you? :-D

    ReplyDelete