Friday, April 10, 2009

Said I would...

MILESTONE!!!! My novel, The Fire and Flame Trilogy: Book I, Ahrn is now a grand TWO HUNDRED (200) pages long!!! I'm 2 pages into chapter 13 (entitled "A Big 'Un") in the third "part" ("Three To Raise A Broken People"). My estimate- I've got 100+ left to go. *sigh* Think I can do it before May 31st? I'd sure LIKE to... what would be really neat is if I could do it before I turned 16, but I'm really doubting that's gonna happen... but this summer should definitely mark the end of this 3-year adventure of mine! I'll have to explain WHY it's been three years later... however, please note that the 200-paged draft was only started this July (and there have been whole  months, even, where I've written hardly anything) 
I'm a writing fanatic, as some call me and a fanatic for this particular story, which has been through and changed a LOT. However, my philosophy is that if you keep starting new stories just because you hit a hard spot in the one you're working on, you'll never finish a story. You're ALWAYS gonna hit a hard spot somewhere along the line. If you simply switch to a different project and then switch back once you've hit a rut on THAT one, A) how are you ever going to learn to work through the hard stuff? And, B) how are you ever going to finish one to satisfaction? Now, granted, I know people that do this and it seems to work for them. But in the long run? We shall see. As for me and my pen- we wanna finish one book before we start another. To published or bust! =-D

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! *runs around happily, clapping her hands*

    That must be so exciting! My story just hit about 100 pages, so that's cool for me! I haven't been able to write my story lately though, because I have to finish editing my friend's story, which is 320 pages...*sighs* so long.

    Do you write on a computer or with pen/pencil and paper?

    Comment back on my blog soon!

    Blessings, fellow fantasy writer,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! *jumpsupanddownsquealing* WOOHOOO!!!
    I'm 160 pages into mine. I've been writing it for a month *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAG! AND AWARD! GO CHECK MY BLOG OUT TO GET THEM BOTH!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete