Friday, January 2, 2009

Carry me away...

Everyone gets sad. Some more than others. Most who know me don't believe it, but I've been 'melancholy' my whole life. Meaning I have the tendency to get sad (or sometimes just BE sad) often. Sometimes for no reason. For this I have found two cures- crying, and listening to sad music. Crying is the most therapeutic- it feels so nice just to have a good cry every once in a while- but I know that, for me, I'm not always capable of crying. Weird, but true. So I often resort to sad music. After I listen to enough, I either start to cry or get swallowed up in the melancholy beauty of what I'm listening to. And I feel better. Pro'ly won't work for everyone, but it does me. Below are some of the very best 'sorrowful' songs I've ever heard:

“Dark Waltz”~ Hayley Westenra. Very dark-sounding, but gorgeous and eerie at the same time.
“Evenstar”~Howard Shore (from LOTR: The Two Towers). Words can't describe....
“Billy's Theme”~Howard Shore (from a movie I've never seen). Mournful is the best way to put it.
“Forth Eorlings”~Howard Shore (from LOTR: The Two Towers). It's not exactly mournful or sorrowful, but it's full of emotion- especially one part- and often brings tears to my eyes, even when I'm not sad.
“Twilight and Shadow”~ Howard Shore (from LOTR: Return of the King). A sad, mournful-ish choral piece. Reminiscent of “Evenstar”.

Oh lessee... there are more, but it's time for me to bid adieu to Blogland for the time being. But I'll be back... mwahahahaha....

1 comment:

  1. Howard Shore seems to be popular with you....and Lord of the Rings. do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete