Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Math Music

Math and music go together. I wrote an 11-paged research paper on the subject of music's affect on the mind, but I can't really go into all the details about how and why NOW and HERE. Suffice it to say, music has very interesting stimulative effects on the brain in many different areas/ways. I've experienced this first-hand. And I would recommend to anyone struggling in their math- listen to some good music and you'll soar. However, I've noticed that, for me, it has to be a certain TYPE of music. Don't ask me why. In fact, I have a playlist on my iPod with only 7 songs- deemed the very best math songs. These happen to be tracks from the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtracks:
(the order doesn't really matter, as I always listen on 'shuffle')
1. The Medallion Calls (POTC: COTBP)
2. He's a Pirate (POTC: COTBP)
3. Jack Sparrow (POTC: DMC)
4. Wheel of Fortune (POTC: DMC)
5. Up is Down (POTC: AWE)
6. One Day (POTC: AWE)
7. Drink up, me hearties yo ho (POTC: AWE)

I normally just listen to my whole library on shuffle or just the POTC soundtracks, but yesterday I thought about it carefully, compiled those songs, and got a MUCH better grade on my math than I've been getting. Speaking of math... that's really where I ought to be right now. *glances around furtively, then runs into the kitchen*

4 comments:

  1. I is glad that works for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...meaning it doesn't work for you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhhhhhh...listening to music helps, but when I'm writing, not while during schoolwork...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you send me your 11 page thingy? Please? =D It sounds really cool!!!
    ~ Tadpole

    ReplyDelete