Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rainy Ol' Days/Rolling Away...

Whoops. Twisted the lyrics a little there, but ah well. You get the idea. Well, on this planet (or should I say 'in) of 314 Deerfield Dr... it's a day headed for chaos. Yes, I know it's only 8:25am local time and that most of my family isn't even awake. Notwithstanding... it's going to be a rough day. I'm no prophet... all I have to do is look outside. Have any of you ever TRIED to keep four VERY active boys aged 4-11 cooped up in a 2100 sq ft house? Howabout a 3500 sq ft house (what we have now)? It's not fun. Short of CD games and videos all day, there's not a lot you can do to sedate little boys (which is partly what makes them so much fun... on any day BUT a rainy one). And too much media turns them into grumpy zombies. Don't get me started on grumpy zombies. So they end up running around the house, bouncing of walls, - you get the picture- and generally driving me, my Mom and El (my next-in-line sister) bonkers by the end of the day. Not to mention rainy days typically make for bad attitudes all around. Have you ever noticed that? I'm guessing it's something to do with the pressure or something in the atmosphere, but every rainy day I'm either depressed, grumpy, hyper-sensitive... and usually a combination of the three. So here I am at my computer, listening to my wonderful family awaken to a day that we all know will be a challenge and striving for a few minutes of sanity (oh wait... editng/writing doesn't count as 'sanity' does it?) before this crazy day gets underway.

Oh...and did I mention unpacking, taking down Christmas decorations and all the chores involved in a family of 9? I guess not... *dies*

"PS"... If you read the above post carefully, you should already be able to see the rain's effects on me! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment