Saturday, January 17, 2009

Midnight readings

Well... I was up 'til 12AM last night, lying it bed, with my throat killing me and my body screaming for sleep. But anyone who's read Ted Dekker will sympathize- there is a certain point in all his stories that I dub "the point of no return". Meaning it's impossible to set the book down. Normally this section is about 100 pages, if not more. So I stayed up until midnight to finish "Red". And it was WELL worth it. It's the second book in a trilogy- The Circle Trilogy- so I can't say much about it. Only that it has perhaps the most powerful allegory I've ever read. I was literally crying at some parts... which is kinda rare for me. (granted, I WAS sick... that normally makes the species 'girl' more emotional...) I'd highly reccomend it for anyone who loves a good thriller/fantasy, well-written story, or well-written allegory. Dekker nails all three and more, IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment